Copyright Bootcamp: Day 2
Join us for a two-day workshop on copyright strategies led by Kyle K. Courtney, Copyright Advisor for Harvard University and founder of Fair Use Week. Through presentations, discussions, and hands-on activities, attendees will gain a strong understanding of basic copyright considerations for libraries, archives, and other educational institutions, including but not limited to:
- Introduction to copyright in the library context
- Special library provisions in the Copyright Act
- Public Domain
- Fair Use: A Critical Right
- Licensing, Contracts, & Copyright
- Open Access and OER Issues
- Other Emerging issues: e-Reserves, Digital First Sale, and Orphan Works
Attendees are also invited to bring their copyright problems/issues that we can workshop and try and solve together.
Advanced registration is required as space is limited. Attendance for both days is not mandatory. Day 1 will focus on introductory issues, while Day 2 will take a deeper dive. If you intend to attend both days, please also register for Day 1 on 2/21.
This workshop is based on Kyle Courtney's “Copyright First Responders” program designed for libraries and other cultural institutions
- Thursday, February 22, 2018
- 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Bryant University
- Kyle Courtney, Copyright Advisor for Harvard University