Summer Reading Program Workshop
This workshop is an opportunity for children's, teen, and adult services library staff to reflect on their 2018 SRP while beginning to outline their plans for summer 2019. The day's agenda includes:
- Table Top Displays - Libraries will display their SRP 2018 materials. Visit with your colleagues to see how their summer went and get a few ideas for changing up your 2019 materials.
- Ignite Session - Library staff will give a 5 minute presentation on a big change or something new they tried in 2018. Topics could include moving towards a summer learning model, going prizeless, serving summer meals, a community partnership, etc.
- Shout and Share - We'll collect your top SRP questions and roadblocks and invite attendees up to the mic to "shout and share" answers and solutions.
- Data Overview - We'll share the statewide statistics for the 2018 SRP and discuss ways to make your data work for you.
- Round Table Meetings - Attendees will break up into their respective round tables (CSRT, YART, or ASRT) for a deeper dive into SRP execution and planning as it pertains to their specific audience.
Share your summer story!
We are looking for library staff to have a table top display or participate in the Ignite Session.
- Table top displays (9:30am-10:30am) should include flyers, brochures, reading logs, photos, and/or other materials from your 2018 Summer Reading Program. Anything that paints a picture of summer reading at your library is welcome! Children's, Teen, and Adult Services library staff are encouraged to participate together. We are looking for up to 10 libraries to display their materials.
- Ignite Session presentations (10:30am-11:25am) will each be 5 minutes with 1-2 PowerPoint slides highlighting something new you tried this summer. It could be a new SRP model, a new program, a new partnership, using new tech/new tools, your first SRP in a new position, etc. Children's, Teen, and Adult Services library staff are welcome to present together. We are looking for up to 10 presentations.
Interested in sharing your SRP story? Fill out this short survey by September 1:
The survey will be open until all the display and presentation slots are filled or until Saturday September 1, whichever comes first. You will be contacted no later than Tuesday, September 4th with further details about the workshop schedule.
9:30am - 10:25am Table Top Displays
10:30am -11:25am Ignite Session
11:30am - 11:50pm Shout & Share
11:50am - 12:15pm Data Overview
12:15pm - 1:10pm Lunch
1:15pm - 2:30pm Round Table Meetings
- Thursday, September 20, 2018
- 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Barrington Public Library
- OLIS Continuing Education