Young Adult Roundtable: Passive Programming
Limited space, staff, or budget? Experiencing low turnout for meticulously planned, heavily promoted teen programs? Passive, or self-directed, programming can be an opportunity to maximize your resources while still providing valuable learning and entertainment opportunities for teens. Join us for a discussion on the benefits and implementation of passive programming in your library. We'll share examples of passive programs and take a look at how passive programming brings together elements of connected learning.
Please bring an example of a passive program you have implemented, are planning, or have seen implemented elsewhere. Please include:
- a program description
- a materials list and estimated cost
- set-up and space requirements
- a PR plan or PR materials
- how the program was or will be evaluated, and if there are any outcomes
- Participants will learn how to integrate passive programming into existing services.
- Participants will share best practices and challenges related to YA programming.
- Participants will discuss connected learning as a future trend, and how it relates to passive programming.
- Participants will be empowered to use new tools, materials, or resources to expand existing or develop new YA programs, specifically open-ended, teen driven programs.
- Participants will use connected learning as a framework for YA programming.
- Participants will have a network of youth services library staff available to advise on various aspects of YA programming.
- Participants will collectively develop a YA programming resource guide to be shared on the Young Adult Round Table LibGuide.
About the Young Adult Round Table (YART):
YART is a community of practice that welcomes YA librarians from public libraries, middle and high school librarians, and library school students concerned with all aspects of library service to young adults. YART collaborates to produce timely book and resource lists to support librarians and library staff serving teens. .
Related LibGuide: Young Adult Roundtable by Danielle Margarida
- Thursday, November 1, 2018
- 9:30am - 11:30am
- Portsmouth Free Public Library
- Group Discussion
- Event Type:
- OLIS Continuing Education