Young Adult Roundtable: Collection Development & Readers' Advisory
Join us for a group discussion on maximizing your budget and your time to get the most out of your collection development activities. We'll share challenges and solutions, as well as creative ways to market your collection to match the right book with the right reader.
Please bring your collection development plan, an example of how you promote your collection.
- Participants will learn how create a collection development plan that includes ways to maximize a resources.
- Participants will share ideas for promoting and marketing their collection through displays, readers' advisory, and social media.
- Participants will discuss collection development challenges and possible solutions.
- Participants will streamline their collection development activities to maximize their resources.
- Participants will have a network of youth services library staff available to advise on various aspects of YA collection development.
- Participants will collectively develop a YA collection development resource guide to be shared on the Young Adult Round Table LibGuide.
About the Young Adult Round Table (YART):
YART is a community of practice that welcomes YA librarians from public libraries, middle and high school librarians, and library school students concerned with all aspects of library service to young adults. YART collaborates to produce timely book and resource lists to support librarians and library staff serving teens. .
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- 9:30am - 11:30am
- Greenville Public Library
- OLIS Continuing Education