Children's Services Roundtable: STEAM
Join us for this group discussion on integrating science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) programming into your regular offerings for kids. We'll share successful programs, challenges and roadblocks, and crowdsource questions and ideas for developing programming that meets community needs.
If you have offered STEAM programming, please bring:
- a program description
- a materials list and estimated cost
- set-up and space requirements
- a PR plan or PR materials
- how the program was or will be evaluated, and if there are any outcomes
- Participants will discuss the need for STEAM library programming.
- Participants will learn how STEAM programming can be incorporated into current services.
- Participants will learn about current materials and resources for STEAM programming.
- Participants will share tips for STEAM programming development, implementation. outreach, and outcomes assessment.
- Participants will evaluate community needs and available resources to determine the type of STEAM programming that is highly achievable within their library.
- Participants will be empowered to use new tools, materials, or resources to expand existing or develop new STEAM based programs.
- Participants will have a network of youth services library staff available to advise on various aspects of STEAM programming for children.
- Participants will collectively develop a STEAM programming resource guide to be shared on the Children's Services Round Table LibGuide.
About the Children's Services Round Table (CSRT):
CSRT is a community of practice that welcomes children's librarians from public libraries, elementary and middle school librarians, and library school students concerned with all aspects of library service to children. CSRT collaborates to produce timely book and resource lists to support librarians and library staff serving children and their families.
Related LibGuide: Children's Services Roundtable by Danielle Margarida
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Newport Public Library
- Group Discussion
- Event Type:
- OLIS Continuing Education