Young Adult Roundtable: Connected Learning
Join us for this supersized YART meeting! Together we'll explore the 6 principles of Connected Learning and its practical applications for Teen Services. Learn how you are already implementing elements of CL, and come away with new, attainable ideas for teen programming.
Lunch will be provided. Please contact Danielle Margarida with any dietary restrictions before February 15th.
- Strengthen the knowledge, skill and abilities of library staff to deliver high quality computer science/computational thinking experiences using the Connected Learning approach.
- understand the philosophy of Connected Learning as it relates to educational and career opportunities
- explore the six principles of Connected Learning
- think about how to operationalize Connected Learning theory into practice
- learn about how a library has incorporated Connected Learning into a production-centered site
This training is part of the YALSA/COSLA IMLS grant funded project "Transforming Teen Services: a Train the Trainer Approach."
Related LibGuide: Young Adult Round Table by Danielle Margarida
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Cranston Public Library Central
- Danielle Margarida and Rebecca Ott
- Event Type:
- OLIS Continuing Education