NASA STEM Workshop: Day 1
Update, February 8 - The workshop will resume as planned. However, please make sure that your travel arrangements are refundable in the event the program is canceled.
Update, January 11 - This workshop is currently on hold, as the NASA presenters are affected by the federal government shutdown and have been instructed to stop their work on the NASA STEM workshops. OLIS will keep this program on the calendar and maintain the registrations/watilist until further notice. The NASA presenters have recommended that registrants who plan to make travel/hotel arrangements ensure that their reservations are refundable in the event this workshop cannot proceed as planned. OLIS will keep registrants informed of this workshop's status. Please contact Danielle Margarida (email@example.com) with additional questions or concerns.
Registration is required. Please register for this two day training through the NASA STEM Workshop: Day 1 calendar listing. Registration for NASA STEM Workshop: Day 1 includes your registration for NASA STEM Workshop: Day 2.
Join us for a two day, hands-on, space science-themed workshop that will provide activities and content to prepare public library staff for the 2019 Summer Reading program, A Universe of Stories.
The workshop will begin on March 5 at 1pm-8pm, with a Night Sky Viewing that evening (weather permitting). It will conclude on March 6, 9:00am-3:00pm.
- Gain confidence in facilitating hands-on space science activities for ages 5-13 and their families at their libraries.
- Gain confidence in making connections to current NASA science and missions with NASA apps, video clips, images, and other educational and promotional resources.
- Network with others involved in facilitating innovative science and technology programs.
- Connect to a broader online community of practice through the STAR Library Network (STAR Net).
This workshop is limited to public library staff serving ages 5-13, one staff member per library. Registrants must commit to participating in the full two day training.
The workshop will include lunch and snacks, please notify Danielle Margarida of any dietary restrictions by February 20.
NASA@ My Library is made possible through the support of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Science Mission Directorate as part of its STEM Activation program (award # NNX16AE30A).
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019
- 1:00pm - 8:00pm
- Cumberland Public Library
- Event Type:
- OLIS Continuing Education