Facilitating Community Conversations
Having strong facilitation skills are key component of running an engaging public program. In this workshop, participants will learn facilitation techniques that maximize the use of their skills and settings and learn strategies to help patrons stay motivated to learn. Participants will come up with facilitation strategies that will enhance the programs they are developing and practice a few strategies in front of their peers.
Participants will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of effective strategies for engaging patrons in discussions and activities.
- Use specific facilitation techniques that are effective for leading and managing group discussions.
- Troubleshoot through potential challenges that may occur during group discussions.
Related LibGuide: Adult Services by Nicolette Baffoni
- Thursday, February 28, 2019
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- East Providence Public Library
- Danielle Margarida, Youth Services Coordinator, OLIS
- Event Type:
- OLIS Continuing Education