YALSA Institute: Teen Services with Impact
Join us for this day long institute from the Young Adult Library Services Association.
Teen Services with Impact
Library teen services are about more than getting teens into the library. These services are about the impact libraries can have on the lives of teens. In this session participants learn how to describe the value of what they do for and with teens, build an understanding of how social emotional learning fits into the work that they do with and for teens, and explore how to engage with community to develop services that ultimately help teens to grow up successfully.
At the end of the session participants will:
• Be able to explain and justify the value of the work that libraries do with and for teens
• Know how to apply social emotional competencies and YALSA’s Competencies to the activities they do with and for teens
• Understand how to develop library services for and with teens that focus on impact
There will be a lunch break in the afternoon. Participants are welcome to bring their own lunch, or enjoy lunch at one of the many local establishments near the library.
About the presenter:
Linda Braun is the continuing education (CE) Consultant for the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) and a learning consultant with LEO. In her work she focuses on helping library and out of school time staff develop high-quality activities for and with teens. As CE Consultant for YALSA she organizes a wide-array of professional development and manages two YALSA IMLS projects: Future Ready with the Library - focusing on supporting middle school age youth college career readiness needs - and Transforming Teen Services a Train the Trainer Approach - focusing on training for state library agency and teen services staff on connected learning and computational thinking.
Related LibGuide: Young Adult Round Table by Danielle Margarida
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Cranston Public Library Central
- Linda Braun, YALSA Continuing Education Consultant
- Event Type:
- OLIS Continuing Education