Children's Sensory Story Time Support Group
Pawtucket Public Library directions and parking: https://www.pawtucketlibrary.org/directions-parking.htm
Join fellow youth services librarians to share best practices for sensory story times and inclusive library programs and services. We will be discussing community connections, sensory activity ideas, and programs/services beyond story time.
Please bring your PR materials for your library's upcoming sensory programs so that the group can help with promotion!
1. “How to Start a Parent Support Group at Your Library” Presentation by Tara Townsend-Hayes, Family Voice Coordinator from RI Parent Information Network (RIPIN)
2. Announcements (open to the group)
3. Fall Sensory Story Times/Sensory Playtime/Sensory Art Programs at your library
All materials and ideas generated from this meeting will be collected on the Children's Sensory Story Time Support Group LibGuide.
The Sensory Story Time Support Group is a grassroots community of practice developed and faciliated by Maria Cotto at the Pawtucket Public Library and Babs Wells at the Greenville Public Library. The Sensory Storytime Support Group seeks to empower youth services librarians to better serve children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families by expanding programming, outreach, partnerships, and resources that welcome all abilities. For more information about the Sensory Story Time Support Group please contact Maria Cotto at firstname.lastname@example.org and Babs Wells at email@example.com.
Related LibGuide: Children's Sensory Story Time Support Group by Danielle Margarida
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Pawtucket Public Library
- Maria Cotto and Babs Wells
- Event Type:
- Librarian Led Community of Practice