Children's Sensory Story Time Support Group
Snow date: January 21
Join fellow youth services librarians to share best practices for sensory story times and inclusive library programs and services. We will be discussing community connections, sensory activity ideas, and programs/services beyond story time.
Please bring your PR materials for your library's upcoming sensory programs so that the group can help with promotion!
- Sensory Story Time (Lesson Plan)
- Maria & Babs will share examples of their lesson plans with the group & add them to the OLIS Sensory Libguides
- Sensory Picture Book Ideas
- Please bring a picture book or two to share with the group that has worked well in you sensory story time.
- A list of these book suggestions will be added to our libguides
- Visit the OLIS Sensory Libguides webpage for previous picture book booklist suggestions https://olis-ri.libguides.com/sensory/books
- Sensory Activity Suggestions
- Please bring a sensory activity or an idea to share with the group
- Suggestions will be added to our OLIS Sensory Libguides webpage
- Sensory Story Time Success & Challenges (if time allows)
All materials and ideas generated from this meeting will be collected on the Children's Sensory Story Time Support Group LibGuide.
The Sensory Story Time Support Group is a grassroots community of practice developed and faciliated by Maria Cotto at the Pawtucket Public Library and Babs Wells at the Greenville Public Library. The Sensory Storytime Support Group seeks to empower youth services librarians to better serve children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families by expanding programming, outreach, partnerships, and resources that welcome all abilities. For more information about the Sensory Story Time Support Group please contact Maria Cotto at firstname.lastname@example.org and Babs Wells at email@example.com.
Related LibGuide: Children's Sensory Story Time Support Group by Danielle Margarida
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Rochambeau Branch Library (Providence)
- Maria Cotto and Babs Wells
- Event Type:
- Librarian Led Community of Practice