Children's Sensory Story Time Support Group
Join fellow youth services librarians to share best practices for sensory story times and inclusive library programs and services. We will be discussing community connections, sensory activity ideas, and programs/services beyond story time.
Please bring your PR materials for your library's upcoming sensory programs so that the group can help with promotion!
1. Libraries and Autism (DVD Introduction)
2. Sensory Story Time at the Barrington Public Library
3. Inclusive Teen Time at the Cumberland Public Library
4. Storage for Sensory Materials
5. The Autism Project “Imagine Walkathon”
6. Blog for the RI Children’s Sensory Story Time Support Group
All materials and ideas generated from this meeting will be collected on the Children's Sensory Story Time Support Group LibGuide.
The Sensory Story Time Support Group is a grassroots community of practice developed and faciliated by Maria Cotto at the Pawtucket Public Library and Babs Wells at the Greenville Public Library. The Sensory Storytime Support Group seeks to empower youth services librarians to better serve children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families by expanding programming, outreach, partnerships, and resources that welcome all abilities. For more information about the Sensory Story Time Support Group please contact Maria Cotto at email@example.com and Babs Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related LibGuide: Children's Sensory Story Time Support Group by Danielle Margarida
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Barrington Public Library
- Maria Cotto and Babs Wells
- Event Type:
- Librarian Led Community of Practice